There’s a lot that we can observe and learn from who we are when things aren’t going well in our life. And it’s a great opportunity to shine on a light on what may need some love and attention from us.
I’ll explain what I mean by this.
I want you to consider who you are when things aren’t going well in your life. What happens to the quality of your thoughts and actions?
- What thoughts come up for you?
- What emotions come up?
- What habits do you notice?
- Do you feel stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, angry, withdrawn?
- Do you overeat? Under-eat? Do you turn to alcohol or drugs?
- Do you turn to other habits that you know don’t help you?
- Do you isolate from others?
- Is your quality of sleep impacted on?
- Do you stay up late and then struggle to get out of bed in the morning?
- Are there any particular habits or patterns you’ve noticed when things aren’t going well?
Pay attention to patterns including looping thoughts and habits.
Do you find yourself:
- repeatedly in situations that create drama in your life?
- attaching particular feelings about your self worth when things aren’t working out as expected
- particular habits that occur when things aren’t going well, or you’re feeling stressed out
- do you notice the same things keep occurring over and over throughout your life?
- do you experience looping thoughts, otherwise known as ruminating thoughts over and over in your mind?
These are all patterns that are calling your attention.
How to uncover unhelpful thought patterns or habits
There are several ways that you can do this to create awareness that an issue exists for your attention, including:
- Reflecting in a journal by writing down your thoughts and then noticing any patterns over time
- Talk with someone who knows you really well and listens well to what you say to pick up on repeated thought loops or crashing emotions when things aren’t going well for you
- See a Therapist or another expert who can guide you through your thoughts and habits and provide alternative strategies to help you
- Work with a Mindset or Life Coach
- My favourite way is to receive hypnotherapy because you get to work with your subconscious mind, which is where up to 95% of your thoughts and habits come from on automation
Awareness is everything
The important thing is to first notice this is happening, because awareness is key to changing it. You don’t know what you’re not aware of and you can’t fix what you don’t understand.
Get support to create awareness and understanding, so that you can then work towards changing it.
The main message I want you to takeaway from this, is you are worthy irrespective of what is, or isn’t happening in your life. Strong emotional reactions to external factors are just an indicator that something within you needs love and reassurance that you’re safe, you’re loveable and you’re worthy.
You are born worthy. You are worthy. The end.
And when you decide this is what you want to believe, the next decision is how you’re going to shift your unconscious thinking.
- STOP waiting for external factors to change before you feel worthy.
- DECIDE you’re ready to do the work to feel worthy.
- TRUST the process and yourself within it.
- TRY a different and better way.
- START collecting new evidence of what is actually possible for you.
Book a Consultation Call
If you’d like to explore this further with my support and guidance, please book a Consultation Call with me here